Job details: 22.2 Hours, Part Time, Temporary - Fixed Term
An exciting new opportunity has arisen with the Housing Services Directorate for a 6 months contract, working with us 3 days per week. You will work closely with the Customer and Communications Service Manager and be the company’s lead ambassador on Fairness (equality and diversity). The role ensures that St Leger Homes complies with relevant and current Equality and Human Rights legislation working with partners, key stakeholders and communities. Also to ensure that St Leger Homes complies with their statutory public sector equality duty.
The role also involves researching, policy initiatives other housing equalities from relevant organisations, to ensure St Leger Homes is advised of any new work with housing equalities implications for Doncaster.
You will need knowledge of Equality and Diversity requirements in respect of customers and employees in order to act as the organisation’s lead advisor with knowledge of public sector equality duty frameworks and equality analysis as well.
- To act as the organisational lead on fairness and equality, developing, monitoring and co-ordinating the delivery of St Leger Homes’ Framework for Fairness in conjunction with key strategic partners, to develop services to support local communities, our workforce and the local Doncaster area.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a range of tools, products and literature used to disseminate best practice to specific audiences in order to challenge perceptions and support the growth and sustainability of equalities and diversity in the organisation. Fostering and encouraging an Equality and Diversity culture within St Leger Homes, where it is viewed as an integral mainstream part of all activities
- To work with the People Development Service to develop and implement a Fairness training programme that embeds good equality, diversity and inclusion practice across the organisation and deliver the training programme to board members, employees, stakeholders and contractors as required
- To provide guidance and support on the implementation of Equality Legislation in the organisation ensuring that all legislative changes are acknowledged and taken account of in relevant policy documents and strategies
The post holder should possess the following skills:
- Experience of providing advice to different stakeholders and audiences in fairness, equality and diversity matters including training and group facilitation skills
- Experience in using ICT systems for analysis, monitoring and production of complex management information
- Writing clear, concise business documents such as strategies, policies, training material and procedures to meet business needs
- Building effective relationships with a range of customers, clients and key stakeholders
Although this position is initially based at St Leger House, St. Leger Homes of Doncaster may ask the post holder to work at other locations within the authority, as required, in order to fulfil business requirements.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please contact Louise Robson on 01302 862866
At St Leger Homes, we aim to build a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the fair treatment of all applicants. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age and all other protected characteristics.