About St. Leger Homes
St. Leger Homes is an award winning company which provides excellent housing services across Doncaster in the social and private sectors. We work in partnership with Doncaster Council, our customers and other agencies to build confident communities.
We are an Arm’s Length Management Organisation, or 'ALMO', created by Doncaster Council in 2005. With the support of the government, we have delivered our decent homes programme, the most significant upgrade ever to council homes in Doncaster. The scheme involved internal and exterior improvements to thousands of properties, and was completed in 2015 ensuring as many as possible of the homes we manage meet the Decent Homes Standard.
Since achieving our 3 star rating from the Audit Commission in 2010 St. Leger Homes has gone from strength to strength being recognised with a range of awards and accreditations from independent bodies. These have included receiving the British Safety Council’s highest accolade for health and safety management, the Sword of Honour, each year from 2011 to 2015. We have also been awarded an ‘Excellent’ rating by the Social Housing Equality Framework and the Customer Service Excellence (CSE) accreditation each year from 2011 to 2016. We produced our first set of social accounts in 2015 and are working towards producing these each year, demonstrating the positive impact we have on our tenants’ lives and the communities we serve. We have won some prestigious awards with the most recent being ‘Making a Difference in Communities’ at the 2016 National Federation of ALMO’s (NFA) conference for our inspirational World of Work (WOW) academy.
We place our tenants and customers at the heart of everything we do so we were delighted that our 2016 Customer Satisfaction Survey showed 91.8% overall satisfaction with our services, which is an increase from our 2015 results.
We manage the council's entire housing stock along with some other assets and are wholly owned by Doncaster Council. St. Leger Homes of Doncaster Limited is a company controlled by Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration No. 05564649.
What we do
We aim to manage Doncaster’s 21,000 council homes efficiently and to provide our customers with the highest standards of service.
- We work with our tenants and partners to regenerate our neighbourhoods and bring improvements for our customers.
- We support our tenants and partners in challenging crime and anti-social behaviour, which can have such a damaging impact on the quality of life in our communities.
- Tenancy Support
- Private Landlord Service – St Leger Lettings
Our services include:
- Collection of rent and rent arrears
- Estates management
- Enforcement of tenancy conditions
- Tenant consultation and participation
- Changes of tenancy
- Debt counselling
- Insurance claims
- Right to Buy application
- Housing Options and Homelessness Advice
Vision and values
Our mission statement
'Building Confident Communities in Partnership'
We are a customer orientated organisation and keep the wellbeing and satisfaction of our customers at the heart of everything we do. We have a company vision which captures our desire to aim high and provide the best possible service to all our customers:
- To deliver Excellent Value for Money Services in all that we do
- To ensure we are Customer Focused by engaging with our tenants and customers and involving them in decision making and service delivery
- To provide Quality Homes in Quality Neighbourhoods where people want to live
- To be a catalyst for change and become a housing provider of choice, an employer of choice and a partner of choice
We have a framework of Values which underpin all that we do at St Leger Homes. These are:
- Valuing and respecting staff, tenants, customers and partners
- Ensuring equality and diversity is integral to all that we do
- Demonstrating our delivery of equality and diversity
- Working with tenants and customers to provide excellent services that will meet their needs
- Ensuring we are customer focused
- Operating as an efficient and effective business, delivering value for money through best use of our resources
- Becoming a housing provider of choice
- Ensuring St. Leger Homes has a culture to drive excellence in being open and honest, having a no blame culture and for staff to enjoy working here
- Empowering and engaging with tenants, customers and staff in influencing and shaping service delivery
- Involving tenants and customers through meaningful consultation at local levels to be able to deliver services in their communities
- Becoming an employer of choice
- Achieving more by working in partnership
- Continuing to develop effective partnerships for the benefit of our tenants, our customers and our communities
- Engaging with others to fulfil the strategic objectives of St. Leger Homes and Doncaster Council
- Becoming a partner of choice